- Year 1 children are studying their local area in Geography and Christianity in RE, they visited St Mary's Church, exploring the inside and learning about features of the church and christian ceremonies.
- The ceremonies they learnt about included baptism...
- and weddings!
- Our children enjoying the sunshine amongst the red and gold autumn leaves!
- The cake sale this term became the 'Princes Mead Bake-Off' in support of Macmillan Cancer Support - an amazing variety of cakes were baked by the Year 4, 5 and 6 children and sold during lunchtime and after school.
- Congratulations once again to Mr White and the Prince's Mead Sailing Team who took part in the SWAC Autumn Term Regatta.
- The sailors won Bronze, Silver and Gold medals. A fantastic result well done to everyone!
- Year 2 have just had a wonderful day at Beaulieu Motor Museum. They spent the day looking round the museum and enjoyed views of Beaulieu from the Monorail and the open top bus.
- They learnt about transport through the ages and discovered famous cars from films such as Harry Potter, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mr Bean.
- There is a new Alice in Wonderland topiary exhibition in the gardens, Year 2 took a moment to pop down a rabbit hole and meet some of the characters!
- This year we have a record number of pupils gaining Scholarships and Awards to their chosen Senior Schools, we are so very proud of them all!
- Miss Kirk is an Ambassador with The Murray Parish Trust, she attended the charity launch at the House of Commons.
- Year 6 welcomed their grandparents to school for the final time. The grandparents had a tour of the school by their grandchildren before enjoying afternoon tea in the Mirror Room.
- A lovely surprise visit from grandparents living in the US. The visit was a very well kept secret for one pupil!
- The children were delighted to see their grandparents and to show them around one final time.
- The zip wire will be used during Carousel and PE lessons, and by class teachers. Thank you to last years Year 6 pupils whose entrepreneurial skills during the Enterprise Initiative paid for the installation.
- Inspired by the ceramic poppies at The Tower of London each child at Prince's Mead made their own ceramic poppy.
- Laura Thomas, Head of Art, organised the project. The poppies were fired on site, and sprayed and planted by a team of staff and parents.