Our Estates Team
The Estates team are 10 employees who maintain our beautiful grounds, buildings and facilities with care. They support all of the school’s departments, are responsible for site safety & security, act as fire wardens and marshals, are responsible for the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors.
The team attend out of hours call outs. They keep the site clean and tidy and well presented and work tirelessly behind the scenes in the setting up and organising of events and ensuring everything throughout the school calendar runs smoothly.
The team have skills ranging from Naval and Army engineering, former Police officer, horticulture, commercial cleaning and even pub management! Our Estates Manager has a wealth of experience in multiple aspects of property maintenance and management. With a background in Archaeology, he is well placed to care for our site’s heritage as well as embracing our continued development helping to keep Princes Mead School at the forefront of educational excellence.
Our Grounds and Buildings
- The original beautiful grade II* listed house that we have been custodians of since 1999. Newly incorporated onto Worthy Park House is our brand new extension with ultra modern facilities.
- Fully equipped and modern sports hall with full changing facilities and staff offices.
- Our immaculately kept 13 acres of grounds by our Estate Manager and team include seasonal sports areas.
- Opened in September 2019, our new state of the art Dining Hall and kitchens will be serving delicious breakfast, lunch and scrumptious match teas.
- Home for Nursery, Reception, Year 1 classroom facilities
- 2 new full-sized tennis courts and pavilion.
- Provided by the Parents Association a few years ago, the outdoor classroom is used weekly all year round.
- Our beautiful forest with a play area, new zip wire, bonfire pit and equipment for all our forest school needs every season.
- Our fleet of 8 minibuses that safely collect and deliver our children in a 15 mile radius.
- The pupils love the play area outside the sports hall, especially the snake swing and climbing wall. We also have play equipment including a new zip wire in our Forest School.
Wild Flower Meadow
- A minibeasts haven and an endless source of pleasure for everyone at school.
- Our new residents are arriving shortly and we can’t wait to learn from them. We hope they will repay us in our very own Prince’s Mead Honey one day!
If you wish to hire part of the grounds, please contact our Bursar, Mr Richard White
All deliveries are to be made to our new Estate’s Lodge on entry to the grounds. Please do not deliver to the reception of Worthy Park House from September 2019.
- Our location
- Prince’s Mead School
Worthy Park House
- Telephone: 01962 888 000
- Our Postcode is SO21 1AN
Our estate team estimate they each walk 3 miles per day at work on a good day. Sports day was clocked at 8 miles!